Sunday, September 9, 2007

Working On Socks Again


I've been working on socks again, and finished two of the six pair I have on needles. :)
The red ones pictured above are made from some yarn that I kool-aid dyed. I used cherry kool-aid, and I love the way they turned out. The yarn is merino wool, and came from Knitpicks. I love Knitpicks!!!!!
The multicolored pair is made from some Lorna's Laces superwashed wool and nylon yarn that I got off of ebay. It's very nice yarn to work with, and I will definitely make more socks from her yarn.
The pattern for both pair of socks is just a simple ribs and stockinette stitch. I made these socks using the '2 socks on one long circular needle' method, which is my new favorite way to make socks, and the instructions can be found here: http://www.tostetoes.com/twosocksoneneedle.htm
Now I have to finish the other 4 pairs that are waiting for me, then my green sweater and the shawl, and I'll be caught up.


No comments: