Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Socks and keychain


Here is my hand dyed, hand spun pastel sock yarn all made up.
I made myself some socks and a little keychain.
They are both knit toe-up.
The Socks are a variation of the Herringbone Lace Socks. The pattern is found here:
http://home.comcast.net/~fibergal/blog/Herringbone_Lace_Panda.pdf

There is no pattern for the keychain as I did it off the top of my head.
Here is how I did it:
I cast-on a total of 12 stitches using the Judy Becker magic cast-on.
I then worked increases every other row until I had a total of 20 stitches.
I worked the foot until it was the length I wanted it to be.
For the heel, I did a no-wrap short row heel (demo can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu5YAKsAEpY )
and then I worked the cuff to the length I wanted it to be, and bound off.
It was very easy, and I like the results.
I cut a little plastic piece to fit inside to sock to use as a sock blocker.
I made a couple more of these little key chains for gifts and the gals said they loved them.



1 comment:

Ariel said...

The socks are so pretty and that keychain is just too adorable!!!