Monday, April 27, 2009

Spinning, and Knitting an Afghan, and MORE Socks....

Here is an afghan I made for charity, plus another pair of socks.
The socks are toe up socks, and such a fun, simple pattern. It's just
k2, p2 for 2 rounds and then k for 2 rounds, and then repeat these
4 rounds. It's a no-brainer and fun for when watching tv or traveling or something. :)

The afghan is so so very soft.

The color is closer to the above picture with the socks....but this gives an idea of the pattern.
I just used my fav. dishcloth pattern (Spring Is In The Air) and did it big for an afghan.
Anyway I intended it for charity, but I like it so much I may have to
keep it.

I haven't made any stitch markers for a couple of weeks.
I need to get busy and make more.

I have been dyeing roving and spinning though, as you can see below.


This yarn I named 'Sweet Watermelon'. It's a mixture of kelly green and pink acid dye.....lots of variations of color. I haven't done the WPI yet, but I'm guessing it's going to be around 18 or so. It would work for socks or a scarf or mittens... There should be enough yarn for a pair of socks.


The yarn below I named 'Plum Purdy'. I used burgundy and teal to dye this roving. Again, there is lots of variation in the colorway. The WPI will be close to the same as the above yarn, but I haven't taken it yet either. There should be enough yarn for a pair of socks.
(This is why I love doing toe up socks......if I don't have enough yarn, I just make a shorter cuff and stop when I run out of yarn! :)








No comments: