Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dyeing Roving and Spinning Pink and Blue Roving....



I dyed some roving today. This is Microblend Super Sock roving that I got from Paradise Fibers.
You can see it here: http://www.paradisefibers.net/Paradise-Fibers-Microblends-Super-Socks-p/
2498.htm

It is a superwash wool/nylon blend, and so, so soft! It was difficult to dye because it wanted to come apart. It is still wet in this picture, and I can't wait for it to dry so I can start spinning it. I use Hot Fuschia and Purple acid dyes.





Here is my pink and blue roving on the wheel. I'm plying it now. It will be a 2 ply yarn, and will be a sock yarn. I'm not sure of the WPI yet, but it 'feels' like a sock yarn. I should finish plying it tonight or tomorrow.

We are getting a blizzard tonight, so it will be a good time to stay inside and spin. :)


1 comment:

Ariel said...

Your yarns are always so pretty!!!