Monday, November 3, 2008

There's just not enough hours in the day......

I'm on a sock knitting binge again. I just love knitting socks!
I took pictures of a couple of my completed socks this evening.
The blue and yellow socks are Knitpicks yarn that I dyed with Easter Egg dyes.



The aqua, blue and purple socks are made from merino roving that I spun myself into sock yarn, and then dyed with koolaid and easter egg dyes. They were way fun to make, and I really felt a sense of accomplishment when they were done, knowing that they started out as roving and I created the yarn, dyeing and everything myself. :)

Both pairs of these socks are knitted toe up.....my new favorite way to knit socks. They are easy to do (once I figured out a heel that I liked!), you can try them on easier as you are knitting them, and if you run out of yarn midsock you will most likely be at the cuff and can just bind off then rather than running out in the middle of the foot as would happen with a cuff down sock. I have another pair of socks nearly completed, and will post a picture of them when they are done.

There just isn't enough time in the day for me to spin, knit, quilt, stamp...... Sleep is such a waste of time.....but oh so enjoyable!!

Terry is retired now.
I'm enjoying having him at home, and I think he's really enjoying it too.
It's not nearly as lonely out here with him around. :)

Tomorrow is election day. We will go to town and vote, and then I am meeting my two sisters for lunch. It should be a fun day.

I ordered my Christmas gift tonight. YAYYYYYYY!! It is another spinning wheel......the Kromski Minstrel (like what Mona has) only in a walnut finish. I'm so excited!!
Merry Christmas to meeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
Here is a link to the wheel that I am getting:
http://www.paradisefibers.net/Kromski-Minstrel-Spinning-Wheel-Kromski-Minstrel-p/2352.htm
Mine will have a walnut finish that I hope will match my grandmothers rocking chair that is from the 1800's.





3 comments:

Ariel said...

Those socks are toooooooo cute. I know you'll love your new wheel. :-)

MJ said...

Love the socks and can just imagine how it feels to make them completely from roving. That is so fantastic. I know you will enjoy your beautiful new wheel. Can't wait to see a photo. hugs!

Butterscotch said...

Wow kiddo....fabulous! I'm really impressed. This is the first time I've read your blog. You are really into this, aren't you?
Love ya!