Saturday, January 3, 2009

More socks...... and a bag!


The pattern for these socks can be found at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cauchycomplete/2022502004/
They are called "Socks of Kindness".
Instead of following the 'recipe' as written, I did my socks toe-up.
I really like this pattern.


I've also been sewing. This is a very very soft suede leather purse that I finished a week ago. I like soft bags, as they are kinder to my painful hands. I made the pattern out of freezer paper and then cut it out of the leather and sewed it up. My sewing machine really didn't like sewing this leather and I broke 2 or 3 needles in the process! I really love this little purse as it holds everything I need but is small enough that I don't overload it and end up carrying something that weighs a ton. It is fully lined and has pockets on the inside as well as on the outside. It has a magnetic closure, and I put the angel pin on the closure tab as an added accent. The color of the leather on the 2nd picture is the most accurate to what the purse actually looks like.

I have another bag cut out now and need to cut out the lining and fusible pellon before I can get it sewed up....I will try to get at it soon. The unfinished bag is not leather so it should be kinder to my sewing machine, however it looks a lot like leather. I will post pictures of it also when it is completed.


3 comments:

Ariel said...

Love the colors!!

Donna said...

I love this bag Sis!!!! Can you send me the pattern? You're so talented!! One day you will completely inspire me to sew!! hehe I love you! DD

Linda Gilliam said...

Oh my gosh...this purse is SOOOOO pretty, you are SO talented! I love it!!!!!
Hugs
Linda