Monday, January 19, 2009

Spinning two colors together



I found some pretty periwinkle roving and some bright yellow roving in my stash. Mona's beautiful hand dyed purple and yellow roving gave me the idea of spinning them together to see how it would turn out. I've never spun two completely different colors together before so I wanted to see
what would happen. Here's what I ended up with.
Here's the singles, ready to ply together into a 2 ply yarn


Here I'm plying the singles together. I'm getting nice variety between mixed tweedy colors and solids.



Here's the finished yarn. (My flash didn't work on this shot so the colors don't show up as well). The top hank is only about 30 yards of navajo plyed yarn. (3 ply) The bottom is about 250 yards of 2 ply, approx 20 WPI, so it will work good for socks


Here's a close up that shows the variety I got in the yarn. I'm very happy with it. :)
I wouldn't hesitate to spin two colors together again......or even 3 colors! Ooooh....I'll have to try that next! :)


No comments: